Top Five Things KISS-FM DJs Don’t Do Off the Air
I was in line at the grocery store yesterday and doing what annoys the daylights out of Mike – I was yakking on the phone. After I hung up, a lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said she recognized my laugh, but not my voice because I wasn’t talking right. I asked her what she meant, and she said, “You know, like you do on the radio”.
I laughed and said we don’t always talk like that. Which got me to thinking about other things KISS FM dj’s don’t do when we’re not on the air.
- We don’t use our ‘radio voice’ – Mike really has a very high, squeeky voice, kinda like David Beckham on helium. He reserves his golden voice for the show.
- We don’t have the sunny dispositions you hear on the air – Patty Campos is actually a very angry elf. She likes to prank call other radio stations and request songs they don’t play.
- We don’t come to work all grunged out. I mean, we know no one can see us, but, c’mon, we’re professionals, and we dress accordingly.
- We don’t really spend a lot of time researching the material we use on the show. We just Google a lot.
- And finally, we never pull the, “I’m Monika from KISS FM”, card. We let our friends do it!