El Paso Area Bucket List – Top 5 Places To Visit This Year
Darren and I were talking about going to Ruisdoso in a couple of weekends to get away from the heat, and I said, I just wish there somewhere close where we could go sit by the water. He said, let’s go to Ascarate, and I said, “I’ve never been there.”
He couldn’t believe that in the 36 years I’ve lived in the EP, that I’ve never been to Ascarate Lake. I know it’s weird, but it’s just something I’ve never done. And I realized there are a bunch of places in town that I’ve never been to that I probably should before I die!
So, here are the Top 5 Places I Need To See In The EP Before I Die (Or By The End Of The Summer, Which, Hopefully Comes First!):
- Ascarate Park – I understand it’s a lovely place, but, since I’ve never seen it, I couldn’t really say.
- The Municipal Rose Garden – I was supposed to go to a wedding there years ago, but it rained, and the wedding was moved to the reception hall.
- Hueco Tanks – Honestly, until I was in my teens, I had no idea that this was spelled ‘Hueco’, and not ‘Wayco’!
- Franklin Mountains State Park – Um, isn’t this the place where everyone has to get rescued and ends up on the 6 o’clock news?
- El Paso Playhouse – It’s been around for 50 years, and it’s very haunted! I’ve driven past it on Montana all my life, but have never been there.
I’m going to try and stop being such a weekend sloth and hit these 5 places before Labor Day. I’ll take pictures and update this blog as I go along.
What places in El Paso would you like to see but haven’t?