Top 5 El Paso Downtown Street Fest Foods
If there is one thing fatties, I mean, foodies, like me love, it’s the Street Fest. A myriad, a mind-boggling array, yes, dare I say it, a plethora of fabulous street food all laid out in neat little carts and tents, and all we have to do is buy a ticket! And the best thing? There are a zillion other people wandering around eating, too, so no one is watching how much you’re putting away!
Each year, I always get my favorites, and the funny thing is, I hardly ever eat them throughout the rest of the year. It’s like Thanksgiving, only in the summer!
So, without further ado, here are my Top 5 El Paso Downtown Street Fest Foods!
5. Emma’s Gorditas – Oh my, is there anything more wonderful than perfectly fried gordita shells filled with tasty ground beef and potatoes? No, I tell you, there is not!
4. Lila’s Turkey Legs – Turkey leg in the left hand + cold beer in the right hand = Street Fest nirvana!
3. Forma Pizzeria – Crusty goodness topped with luscious tomato sauce, cheese, veggies, and Italian sausage? Yes, please!
2. Southwest Kettle Corn – Get the big bag because popcorn is good for you. It’s a grain, right?
1. Tropical Snow - A zillion flavors, a zillion colors. It’s refreshing, it turns your tongue unnatural colors, and if your eyeballs pop out of your head when you crunch the ice, you’ll know you have a dental issue. No need for expensive x-rays!
Join us this Friday and Saturday night for the El Paso Downtown Street Fest, but be warned, I plan on getting there very early - and I eat a lot!!