Today Is National Lost Dog Awareness Day!
Today is the day, the U.S. celebrates National Lost Dog Awareness Day (NLDAD). Shelters and rescues across Sun City use this day to bring attention to the many dogs in their care who have family looking for them. We live in a world where people sometimes assume the dogs they find are unwanted.
FIVE THINGS TO DO IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR DOG
- Immediately put out food, water and your dog's bed or an article of your clothing at the location where your dog was last seen. There is a good chance that your doggy may return.
- get the word out by using flyers and signs (like yard sale signs) with a picture of your dog and your phone number, and then check your phone often! Go door-to-door with your flyers in the neighborhood where your dog was last seen.
- Contact your local animal shelters and animal control facilities, vet clinics and police departments to report your dog missing. Fax or email them a photo of your dog and your contact info.
- Instruct everyone that is helping you to NOT call or chase your dog. This will prolong your search. If they see your doggy, tell them to sit or lay down (no eye contact) and gently toss out tasty treat to lure your dog in.
- Post your dog on craigslist, in the paper and Lost and Found Pets in El Paso site and lets NOT forget lostdogsofamerica!
LETS KEEP an EYE OUT, 915, for our BABIES!!!