Take Your Pup to Bark in the Park at the El Paso Chihuahuas Game This Sunday
The El Paso Chihuahuas kicked off their second season this week, and this weekend they are celebrating Chico's birthday with Bark in the Park. This is the first of three weekends this season that you can bring your dog to Southwest University Park.
This Sunday's game is at 1:05 p.m. In addition to Chico's birthday, the Chihuahuas are also helping the Humane Society of El Paso with a donation drive. Kids 12 and under will be able to run the bases after the game, and the first 2,000 fans, 12 and under, will get free Chico Face Fans. They are asking everyone who goes to the game on Sunday to bring:
•Science Diet dog or cat food (dry or can)
•Metal or plastic food bowls
•Harnesses of all sizes
•Dog or cat collars of all sizes<
•Dog or cat crates and carriers
•Puppy play pens
•Puppy pads or heating pads
•Dog and cat treats
•Kong toys or plastic toys
•Catnip or cat toy
•Cat litter boxes
•Cat litter scoops
BARK AT THE PARK RULES:
1. Enter and exit Southwest University Park through the Missouri St. Gate.
2. Pet owners must be 18 years of age or older.
3. Only one dog per seat holder.
4. Your dog has to be on a leash and with you at all times.
5. You have to sign a waiver at the park.
6. You have to have proof of the following vaccinations: Rabies, DHLP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Para Influenza), Parvo and Bordatella.
7. You can go in and out of the ballpark only one time with your pet.
8. You can't take your pets into the Club Level Suites, Press Level Suites, Big Dog House, Santa Fe Pavilion, lawn seating, restrooms, Team Shop, or Standing Room Only areas.
There is a FAQ section of the Chihuahuas website that has more information about this Sunday's event, so grab your pup and head out this Sunday to Bark in the Park!