Sun Bowl Thanksgiving Day Parade Details
The annual Sun Bowl Thanksgiving Parade returns this year on Thanksgiving day, Thursday, November 26, 2015.
Every year spectators line up on Montana Avenue each Thanksgiving morning to watch the largest community event in the Southwest. The parade includes floats, giant helium balloons, equestrian units, clowns, marching bands, drum and bugle corps units from Mexico, royalty, dignitaries, a celebrity Grand Marshal, and a wide variety of specialty units and a wide variety of specialty units from Mexican/Indian dancers to military ceremonial units.
Parade Route: Montana Avenue; beginning at Ochoa and ending at Copia (2.7 miles)
El Pasoans who cannot attend the parade will be able to watch live coverage of the Parade on the local NBC affiliate, KTSM Channel 9.
- Sun Bowl Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Thursday - November 26, 2015
- Parade Theme: Extraordinary Inventions
- Grand Marshal: The 1966 UTEP men’s basketball team
- Review Stands: Tickets will be available at a later date at the Sun Bowl Association Office & all Circle K Stores and FirstLight Federal Credit Union branches for $5.00
- Step off Time: 10:00 a.m. (MST)