Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan & Funny Face Added to Plaza Classic Film Festival Lineup
The new season of the Plaza Classic Film Festival has added more movie titles to the film festival with the addition of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Funny Face starring Audrey Hepburn.
Strar Trek II: Wrath of Khan was released in 1982, and features William Shatner, the late Leonard Nimoy and Ricardo Montalban in deadly clash between the reunited crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise and a genetically engineered and vengeful villain.
Funny Face starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire is a fun movie about new fashion model discovered at a bookstore who happens to be the shop clerk.
12 more Plaza Classic movies announced include:
- Funny Face (1957) — Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire star in the beloved musical, set in the fashion world.
- The Caine Mutiny (1954) — Humphrey Bogart stirs up tensions aboard a post-war Navy minesweeper.
- Splendor in the Grass (1961) — A sultry romantic drama with Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty.
- The Miracle Worker (1962) — Oscar winners Patty Duke and Anne Bancroft turn in riveting performances as Helen Keller and her determined teacher.
- Adam’s Rib (1949) — The Spencer Tracey-Katharine Hepburn comedy about married attorneys on opposite sides of the courtroom.
- El Bombero Atomico (1952) — Mexican comic Cantinflas as a fireman caring for his goddaughter.
- Horse Feathers (1932) — The Marx Brothers tackle college football.
- Abbott and Costello in the Foreign Legion (1950) — The duo is tricked into joining the Legion.
- Selena (1997) — Jennifer Lopez plays the late Tejano singing star, who died 20 years ago.
- The Black Stallion (1979) — A heartwarming children’s tale about a boy and a horse who overcome tragedy together.
- Spaceballs (1987) — Mel Brooks sends up the Star Wars movies.
Previously announced titles including Back to the Future, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Help!, The King and I, Yankee Doodle Dandy, The Mark of Zorro (1920 silent), One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Midnight Cowboy, The Best Years of Our Lives, In the Heat of the Night, The Bicycle Thief, Y Tu Mama Tambien and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Tickets go on sale in early July. Festival passes are $200 and include admission to all ticketed events, an express lane and more. Film Club passes, for teenagers 14 to 18, are $100. They are available at 915-533-4020 and plazaclassic.com.