Special Section In Rolling Stone Magazine Names Plaza Theatre The Top Music Attraction In Texas
Once again, El Paso finds itself near the top of a list in a national publication. Don’t worry, there’s no need to cringe, being included on this list is something you can and should be proud of.
A special sectioned titled “A Sound Trek Across Texas” featured in the March 27th issue of Rolling Stone Magazine (yes, THE Rolling Stone Magazine) has our very own Plaza Theatre TOPPING the list of must-see Texas music attractions. It’s ahead of such places as The Buddy Holly Center in Lubbock, Gilley’s in Dallas, The Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue in Austin and The Selena Memorial in Corpus Christi.
If you haven’t had a chance to experience the amazing Plaza Theatre yet, here’s a list of upcoming shows that will allow you to remedy that situation.
- Celtic Woman – The Emerald Tour – April 10th
- Rock of Ages – April 22nd
- El Paso Symphony Orchestra – April 25th – 26th
- Morrissey – May 13th
- Jersey Boys – May 28th – June 1st
The full list of must-see Texas music attractions follows:
- Plaza Theatre, El Paso
- Route 66, Texas highway
- Buddy Holly Center, Lubbock
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue, Austin
- Luckenbach, Texas
- Floore’s Country Store, Helotes
- Gilley’s, Dallas
- Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, Carthage
- Lightnin’ Hopkins Statue, Crockett
- Selena Memorial, Corpus Christi