Easy Pumpkin Carving Tips And Ideas For Halloween
The time honored tradition of pumpkin carving spans many generations. This year let your creativity flow with these helpful pumpkin carving tips.
- Grease pencils (white, yellow, black) are good for drawing designs and easily wipe off with dry cloth.
- Melon ballers will help cutting round eyes and mouths.
- Ice-cream paddles have strong handles and work well for scooping out pumpkin guts.
- Rub a thin coat of Vaseline onto the flesh to keep the skin from drying out.
- To enhance glow, put a slightly crumpled piece of foil—shiny side up—under a candle-holder.
- Always punch a nickel-sized hole just behind the pumpkin stem to vent smoke and help the candle burn.
- When using candles, monitor pumpkins frequently.
- Use marbles as glowing eyes. Press into holes made with a melon baller.
- A hot-glue gun can help you decorate the outside of your pumpkin, if you wan to attach anything like plastic spiders.
- Use spray paint and glitter to add new dimensions to designs.
- To preserve the life of your pumpkin, make a bleach solution of 1 tablespoon of bleach per quart of water and put it in a spray bottle. Spray the pumpkin inside and all cut areas of the pumpkin with the solution. This will kill much of the surface bacteria and mold that cause rotting. Let it penetrate and dry for about 20 minutes.
If you need further inspiration this Halloween on pumpkin carving ideas, you can always check out the video below.