Popular Mattress – Sleep Tips
Popular Mattress is locally owned and has been serving the El Paso area since 1939. The company offers the best of all worlds: they manufacture their own brand of mattresses in a factory right here in El Paso and they carry top national brands Tempur-Pedic and Simmons.
Starting your day waking up with sores and back pains is never ideal. So Popular Mattress has some great tips for you to stay comfortable.
The following tips are intended to help improve your quality of sleep. By doing so, you will help improve your quality of life as well. Getting a good night’s sleep allows you to get the rest you need to be ready for the day ahead. And with every good night, there is chance for a good morning…and perhaps an even better day.
- Wake up at the same time every morning.
- Exercise regularly and be sure to complete your workout a few hours before bedtime.
- Eat right and be sure to avoid large meals two to three hours before bedtime. If you get hungry, have a light snack before bed.
- Avoid taking naps during the day, especially if you’re having trouble sleeping at night.
- Avoid caffeine too close to bedtime as it tends to keep you awake.
- Avoid alcohol and nicotine, which lead to poor, disruptive sleep.
- Keep computers, televisions, phones and other work-related materials out of your bedroom.
- Engage in a relaxing bedtime ritual to help you fall asleep. This might include aromatherapy, listening to music, meditation or soaking in a hot bath.
- Go to sleep when you feel tired. If possible, go to sleep at the same time every night.
- Make sure your mattress set and pillows are comfortable and supportive.
- Make sure your bedroom is dark, quiet and at a comfortable temperature.
- If you can’t fall asleep, get out of bed, go into another room and do something relaxing until you feel sleepy.
- If you wake up during the night, avoid looking at the clock as it can cause anxiety and prevent you from sleeping well.
- If you still have trouble sleeping, try keeping a sleep diary.
- If you have further concerns, consult a doctor for advice.