Pop Goes the Fort: Bliss Celebrates 4th with Fireworks, Symphony
If celebrating America's birthday party with patriotic music and a massive fireworks display is how you like to do the 4th, then ‘Pop Goes The Fort’ at Biggs Park on Fort Bliss is the event you'll want to attend.
This year's annual Independence Day concert will feature the El Paso Symphony Orchestra and special guest The Sun City Brass Quintet. The festive evening of pops and patriotic music will culminate with a "spectacular fireworks display," according to a post on the Fort Bliss MWR Facebook.
Admission to Pop Goes the Fort is free and open to everyone.
What to Know Before You Go
• Tuesday, July 4, Biggs Park on Fort Bliss
• Access Biggs Park through the Master Sgt. Pena Gate (formally Biggs Gate)
• Everyone will be asked to present valid I.D.
• Not Allowed: outside alcoholic beverages, glass containers, and pets
• Allowed: lawn chairs, blankets, coolers.
Schedule of Events:
• 4 p.m. Gates Open
• 5:30 p.m. Cannon Salute to the Union
• 6 p.m. Sun City Brass Quintet
• 7:30 p.m. El Paso Symphony Orchestra