Plaza Classic Film Festival Offers Up Summer Movie Camp For Kids
The Plaza Classic Film Festival returns this year with more movies including a 2-week movie summer camp for kids beginning July 31, 2017.
The Plaza Classic Film Festival is the largest classic film festival in the world, so it’s no surprise that they are extending the festival to include kids who have a love of movies too. The summer movie camp sponsored by One Source Federal Credit Union is a way to introduce children (9-16-year old's) to a 2-week film making experience. The camp will cover introduction to film making in animation and live-action films. Aside from learning the ins and outs of movie making, participants will have the opportunity to screen their movies, free to the public on the last day of the film festival, August 13th.
- Camps run concurrently from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays from July 31-August 4 and August 7-11, 2017
- Camp takes place at the El Paso Public Library’s Main Branch located at 501 N. Oregon.
- Enrollment is limited to 25 campers, and will be based in part on merit.
- Fill out registration form
- Applicants (not parents) must provide a short video or essay explaining why they want to participate.
- Tuition is $300, which includes lunch, materials and a t-shirt, through July 16. Late tuition fees will go up to $325 from July 17-23, 2017.
- Registration deadline is July 24, 2017.