Official Contest Rules for 93.1 KISS FM Birthday Emoji Game
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA, LLC
“KISS Emoji Contest!” (the “Contest”)
Contest Official Rules
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES: EL PASO COUNTY, TX; HUDSPETH COUNTY, TX; CULBERSON COUNTY, TX; DONA ANA COUNTY, NM; OTERO COUNTY, NM; LUNA COUNTY, NM; AND WHO HAVE REACHED TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE AS OF September 12, 2016 WITH A VALID PICTURE ID.
- SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Contest is Townsquare Media, LLC (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
- PRIZE: The Contest will have two rounds of prizes. For Daily Prizes, prizes consist of the following: (a) A pair of tickets to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Friday, November 25, 2016 at the Don Haskins Center in El Paso, TX; (b) an automatic entry for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will consist of the following: (a) round-trip coach airfare from El Paso International airport to Las Vegas, NV, in coach class (or equivalent) for the winner and one (1) guest; (b) Two nights’ hotel stay; (c) $100 cash provided by Townsquare Media. The dates of the flights and hotel stay must be concurrent and must be chosen by the winner within sixty (60) days of winning. Any date may be chosen with the exceptions of holidays and/or holiday weekends, and Sponsor will reserve the right to grant final approval on dates chosen. Winner will also give Sponsor a ninety (90)-day window to arrange travel and accommodations. The estimated total retail value of the prize of this Contest is up to two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) which value may vary based on the location of the winner’s primary home. The winner is not permitted to substitute the prize for its cash equivalent. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned or transferred. Local transportation, luggage fees, and any and all other travel related fees not included in the airfare, as well as taxes owed by the winner and his/her guest as a result of the Contest, meals, gratuities, and any and all other personal and/or incidental costs and expenses of any nature whatsoever, are the sole responsibilities of the winner and his/her guest.
- ONLINE ENTRIES. This contest does not have an online entry component. All entries must be made by telephone in accordance with the rules above.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all residents of the 48 contiguous United States who have reached twenty-one (21) years of age as of September 12, 2016. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who from and after September 11, 2016 were or are employees or agents of Sponsor or its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, or the service agencies or independent contractors of the above organization(s); (b) persons who are engaged in the development, production, distribution of materials, or drawing of winners for this Contest; (c) persons who are immediate family of or who reside in the same household as any person in either of the preceding categories; and (d) audience members listening online or via any app, as these technologies run on a natural delay.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION; REQUIRED RELEASES: Winners of the daily contest will be notified during their phone call. They should pick up their concert tickets within 30 days of their win. Winner of the Grand Prize will be notified in person at the private event at Dave & Buster’s, Bassett Place, 6101 Gateway Blvd W #2006, El Paso, TX 79925 on Sunday, September 25, 2016. Must be present to win. Additionally, if the winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new winner. To claim the Prize, the winner must sign and return a Winner Affidavit & Release form (to be provided by Sponsor), a 1099-MISC IRS tax form (to be provided by Sponsor) and such other documentation (if any) requested by Sponsor.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins on September 12, 2016 and ends September 23, 2016.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. At its sole discretion, Sponsor may disqualify any person whom it considers to have intentionally violated the Official Rules or any element of the Contest. By participating, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by the Contest Official Rules and the decisions of the person or persons who select the winners, and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to acceptance, possession or use (or misuse) of the prizes or participation in the Contest.
- USE OF NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.: By entering the Contest, you hereby acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Prize Provider (each a “Sponsor Entity(ies)”) shall have the unlimited right in perpetuity and throughout the world to use and publish your name, voice, city, state, likeness, photograph, video, biographical and prize information, and other elements of your persona and identity, in all media now known or hereafter developed, for all purposes of this Contest, as well as for all general marketing, advertising, promotional, commercial tie-in, merchandising, and other business purposes of Sponsor Entities, all without notice or compensation to you.
- ENTRANT RELEASE: By entering this Contest, you forever release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless, all Sponsor Entities from any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages: (a) for personal injuries, death, loss of or damage to personal property, and/or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever sustained by anyone or anything in connection with your submission and participation in the Contest; and/or (b) for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of the right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other personal or property right based upon, arising out of, or relating to any exploitation of your video (including your likeness and appearance embodied therein) by any Sponsor Entity pursuant to the rights grant set forth above.
- TAXES: Taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
- WINNERS LIST: For the name of the prize-winner, available after September 26, 2016, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “KISS Emoji Contest” c/o Townsquare Media LLC, 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
- COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of the rules, please send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to “KISS Emoji Contest.”
- APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: Townsquare Media (the “Prize Provider”).