NoDoz, Excedrin & More Recalled!!!
I receive a daily newsletter from Web MD and I’m glad because in today’s letter it warned of a recall for Gas-X, Bufferin, NoDoz & Excedrin. The products were recalled because they may contain opiates such as Morphine, Percocet and may be mixed with one another.
Also it states to look for broken or chipped pills, tablets, capsules or caplets.
All Bufferin products with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2013, or earlier have been recalled. Brand names include Bufferin Extra Strength Tablets, Bufferin Low Dose Tablets, and Bufferin Regular Strength Tablets.
All Gas-X Prevention products with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2013, or earlier have been recalled.
The following Excedrin products with expiration dates of Dec. 20, 2014, have been recalled:
- Excedrin Extra Strength Caplets
- Excedrin Extra Strength Express Gel Caplets
- Excedrin Extra Strength Gel Caplets
- Excedrin Extra Strength Tablets
- Excedrin Back & Body Caplets
- Excedrin Sinus Headache Caplets
- Excedrin Migraine Caplets
- Excedrin Migraine Gel Tablets
- Excedrin Migraine Tablets
- Excedrin Menstrual Complete Express Gel Caplets
- Excedrin PM Caplets
- Excedrin PM Express Gel Caplets
- Excedrin PM Tablets
- Excedrin Tension Headache Caplets
- Excedrin Tension Headache Express Gel Caplets
- Excedrin Tension Headache Gel Tablets
Consumers who have the recalled products should stop using them and contact Novartis (888-477-2403 or novartisOTC.com) for information on returning them for a refund.
People who may have had adverse events related to the products should report them to the FDA’s MedWatch program here.