New October Dates & Hours for Free Senior Medical Services
El Paso Fire and Health Departments have just announced the new October dates for free medical services for seniors.
Every month, Vaccinations for Health provides free medical services, such as: influenza and pneumonia vaccines, blood pressure, glucose screenings, and colorectal screening kits for seniors including the new influenza vaccine for the new flu season will also be available. Seniors can take advantage of these free services at the following locations and dates:
- Thursday Oct. 8: EPFD Community Center, 5415 Trowbridge Dr., 1 p.m.- 4 p.m.
- Saturday Oct. 10: Station 29, 11977 Pellicano Dr., 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday Oct. 14: Station 11, 314 Leon St., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday Oct. 22: EPFD Community Center, 5415 Trowbridge Dr., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday Oct. 24: Station 15, 115 Shorty Ln., 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Tuesday Oct. 27: Station 28, 10820 McCombs St., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
These free services are available to residents 50 and over who do not have medical insurance or are on Medicaid. According to Deputy Chief Robert Arvizu, over 1,133 seniors have taken advantage of these free services since September 2014. The goal of the program is to increase the wellness of our senior citizens in our community who do not have access to medical services.
For more information, citizens are encouraged to call 311 or visit ephealth.com.