Mike’s the Stupid News: Brothers Celebrate Lotto Win by Buying Drugs and Blowing House Up
Two brothers in Wichita, Kansas won $75,000 on a scratch-off lottery ticket and, like many of us, decided to celebrate their good fortune. Unlike many of us, though, their definition of celebrate included buying and smoking marijuana and meth.
According to Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department, that decision led to them accidentally blowing up their house on Friday after they tried to refill the butane torches they were using to light their bongs. The explosion occurred after one of the brothers emptied a couple of large cans of butane. “The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,” Wattts said. No word on the name of the brother who blew himself up, although Wile E. can’t be ruled out.