What’s Open and What’s Closed in El Paso on MLK Day
All El Paso area school districts will be closed Monday, January 16, 2017 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Country, federal, and state offices as well as most city departments will be too.
● El Paso, Ysleta, Socorro, Clint, Fabens, Anthony,
San Eli, Canutillo, and Gadsden ISD
● City Hall and all administrative offices
● El Paso Museums (Archeology, Art, History)
● El Paso Municipal Court and all bond offices
● Greater El Paso Landfill
● Department of Public Health, including all WIC Centers
● Public Libraries
● County offices
● Federal Courthouse
● Federal Government offices
● Post offices
● Banks and Credit Unions
Parks and Recreation:
The administrative office at 801 Texas Ave will be closed, as will ALL Senior Centers, Daycare Operations, and After School Programs. City Sports Centers and most Aquatic Centers will remain open [See Schedule]. Recreation centers, with the exception of those listed below will be closed.
● Galatzan 1p.m – 6p.m
● Gary Del Palacio 1p.m – 6p.m
● Marty Robbins 1p.m – 6p.m
● Pavo Real 1p.m – 6p.m
● Veterans 1p.m – 6p.m
● Armijo 1p.m – 6p.m
● Leon Ford Washington 1p.m – 6p.m
Sun Metro’s fixed route and LIFT, paratransit services will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Trash is not picked up on Mondays so it will not be affected.
● Animal Services Shelter, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
● El Paso Zoo
● Cielo Vista Mall
● Sunland Park Mall
● Fountains at Farrah
● Las Palmas Shopping Center
● Bassett Place
● Outlet Shoppes at El Paso
● Grocery stores and major box stores
● Most local businesses and restaurants (call ahead to be sure)
Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a federal holiday marking the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It celebrates the life and achievements of the influential civil rights leader.