Mark Your Calendar For Halloween TV Shows
Halloween is right around the corner, and if you want to get your thrills and chills in the comfort of your own home in front of the tv, here is a listing of what to watch to get the daylights scared out of you. The granddaddy of them all, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, airs on ABC on Tuesday, Oct. 20, and Thursday, Oct. 29.
1. ABC Family kicks off '13 Nights of Halloween' tonight. One of the best Halloween movies, Hocus Pocus, will air at 7 p.m. local time.
2. Syfy has scary movies, and movies with girls in lots of leather, but only because they kick demon butts. You can also catch a new, original horror movie for the next two Saturdays this month.
3. Head over to the Disney Channel for Monstober. This is the channel for if you need family-friendly Disney fare like Halloweentown and Monsters University. If you need something to keep the kiddos occupied after trick-or-treating on Halloween, the Disney Channel has you covered with a marathon of Halloween-themed episodes of Disney Channel shows.
4. If you need 'The Simpsons', FX is your friend indeed. They'll have every "Treehouse of Horror" episode from Oct. 25 to Oct. 30. On Halloween night, all the special episodes will air in chronological order.
5. For classic horror films, there are two channels to try out. TCM has great old horror movies like 'Fearless Vampire Killers' from 1966, and 'Doctor X' from 1932. There are more old-time scares on AMC, including tonight's 'Halloween' marathon complete with all the movies in the series.