Komen El Paso Race for the Cure Happening This Weekend
The Komen El Paso Race for the Cure will take place this Sunday, February 28 at Cohen Stadium to bring awareness and to raise money for this worthy cause.
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure not only aims to educate but also is the largest organization that raises funds for the breast cancer movement
The following stats have been provided by the North American Association of Central Cancer Registries & Center for Disease Control & Prevention (2006-2010, per 100,000 people).
- 357 women in El Paso are diagnosed annually
- Of the 357 diagnosed, 149 are in the late stages (invasive cancers that have spread outside the breast to other parts of the body)
- Of the 149 diagnosed late stages, 116 are Hispanic/Latina
- 80 deaths annually, 58 are Hispanic/Latina
- 83% of women in the El Paso service area are Hispanic (El Paso County)
- 36% of El Paso residents have no health insurance
- Komen Race For the Cure
- Sunday, February 28, 2016
- Cohen Stadium
- Competitive Run 8:30 a.m. ($35 / $40 Race Day)
- Non-Competitive Run 9:00 a.m. ($30 / $35 Race Day)
- Survivor Celebration 10:30 a.m.