Keep El Paso Parks Clean During Fourth of July Weekend
The City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department is kindly reminding the public to keep parks clean by picking up their trash during the Fourth of July weekend.
The Fourth of July weekend is traditionally one of the busiest times of the year to be outdoors with thousands of people using city parks to celebrate. The Parks and Recreation Department provides trash bins but encourages park visitors to bring their own trash bags to pick up their trash including picking up after pets as well.
If you plan on cooking-out, make sure that used charcoal and other items be taken home and/or thrown in the proper receptacle and not on the ground, or next to trash bins or trees as the charcoal can damage grass and destroy trees.
The Parks and Recreation Department reminds residents to keep the following in mind when visiting City parks:
- Trash left in the parks should be put in a trash bag and left in a trash bin and not left in grocery bags or empty boxes on the ground.
- Charcoal should not be left on the ground, grass or by trees. Charcoal should be put in a proper receptacle and disposed of properly in a trash bin or taken home and disposed of properly.
- The rule "leave it better than you found it" applies to all park users.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in city parks
- City ordinance violators should be immediately reported to the police