Impress Your Friends With These 13 Intriguing Random Facts
If you ever find yourself playing Trivial Pursuit or just need a good ice breaker – these 13 interesting facts will surely capture the attention of your audience.
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart
- There’s a reservoir of water in space that contains 140 trillion times more water than Earth’s oceans
- Finland reserves the zip code 99999 for the place where Santa lives
- More people are killed every year by pigs than by sharks
- You could heat a cup of coffee with sound energy by yelling at it for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days.
- More content is uploaded to You Tube in 60 days than ABC, NBC and CBS have produced in 60 years combined
- Russia didn’t consider beer to be an alcoholic drink until 2011. It was classified as a soft drink until then.
- A can of Diet Coke floats in water, but a can of regular Coke sinks.
- The entire current population of Earth could fit inside Texas and it would still be less crowded than New York City.
- As a group, humans have spent almost 12.261 years watching the Gangnam Style music video.
- Putting dry tea bags in smelly shoes will absorb the odor.
- There are 18.6 million vacant homes in the U.S. enough for every homeless person in America to have six.
- 110 people once won and tied for second prize in the Powerball lottery after playing the same lucky numbers from a fortune cookie.