Hot-Air Balloons Set to Be Tethered Around El Paso Friday Morning
The 31st annual El Paso Balloon Festival will tether several hot air balloons across El Paso on Friday, May 27th beginning at 7 a.m.
It is a tradition to kick-off the Memorial Day weekend’s festivities with these hot-air balloon tethers at various locations throughout our city.
At each location pilots and crew will secure their balloon’s basket to the ground and then inflate their envelopes (colorful ‘balloon’ part) to create a ‘hot-air balloon tether’. Tethers are caught on camera and some are in prime locations for hundreds of viewers to see.
This year the El Paso Balloon Festival will take place at Bowen Ranch and will feature dozens of hot-air balloons lifting off on Sunday and Monday morning along with special-shaped hot-air balloons that go with the festival’s “American” theme. All hot-air balloon activities are free to the public. After the balloon rallies the family fun continues at Bowen Ranch with loads of activities taking place throughout the day that include trail rides, lasso lessons, hayrides, and a real Western saloon for the adults. Plus, attendees can enjoy live music, food trucks and festival vendors on site.
- Balloon Festival Tethers
- Friday, May 27th, 7 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Admission: Free
Balloon Tether Locations:
- Hospitals of Providence located at 3280 Joe Battle
- Tropical Smoothie Café located at 1513 N. Zaragoza Rd.
- Lucchese Boot Company located at 11751 Gateway Blvd. W
- Southwest University located at 1414 Geronimo Dr.
- The Village at Cottonwood Springs located at 4600 Loma Del Rey
- Townsquare Media El Paso located at 4180 North Mesa