Get Ready to Race for The Cure with Komen El Paso
Get ready for the 23rd Annual Komen El Paso Race for the Cure on March 1, 2015 in downtown El Paso.
Participants can register at any one of the following walk-up registration locations:
- Sat 2/21 – 10am-6pm at Sunland Park Mall (lower level beneath the food court)
- Sun 2/22 – 1030am-6pm at Academy Sports + Outdoors (801 S. Mesa Hills & 201 S. Americas)
- Wed 2/25 – 10am-2pm at Total Care West (601 Sunland Park Drive)
- Thurs 2/26 – 2pm-8pm at Cielo Vista Mall (inside main entrance, lower level, in front of Dillards)
- Fri 2/27 – 10am-8pm at Cielo Vista Mall
- Sat 2/28 – 10am-7pm at Cielo Vista Mall
- Sun 3/1 – 6am-930am inside Southwest University Park
Participants can also register online at komenelpaso.org by 10am on Friday, February 20, 2015 and receive your race packet in the mail at the address you provide.
Due to construction on Kansas Street into downtown El Paso, participants should use one of the following routes:
From the East or Northeast (approach from the South):
- Take I-10 to Cotton St. Exit Delta, continue on Delta/Paisano to Santa Fe Street.
- Take the Border Highway (Loop 375) to Santa Fe Street.
From the West Side (Approach from the South)
- Take W. Paisano (US 85) to Santa Fe Street.
- Street metered parking is free on Sundays.
- Garage parking is limited and on a first-come basis:
- Union Plaza Terminal, 441 W. San Antonio. Free.
- Mills Plaza Parking Garage, 445 N. Oregon. Access will close by 7:30am; must arrive early. Free.
- Convention Center Parking is reserved for Survivors/VIP and can only be accessed with a special parking pass.
Kids can participate as well with Kids for the Cure:
All Kids for the Cure participants are invited to the El Paso Exploreum Children’s Museum, 300 W. San Antonio following the Race! Free entry is provided to all children who show their green Kids for the Cure race bib.
Fear the Ears:
Komen El Paso is partnering with the El Paso Chihuahuas to help raise critical funds in El Paso! Limited tickets are available and must be exchanged within 72 hours of game day at the box office. Tickets are only $13 each and must be purchased through Komen El Paso at 915.533.4433 or at any of our walk-up registration locations.
Tickets are available for the following games:
- Tuesday, 4/21 – Sacramento River Cats
- Monday, 5/11 – Las Vegas 51s
- Monday, 6/1 – Iowa Cubs
- Wednesday, 7/8 – Albuquerque Isotopes
- Wednesday, 8/12 – Las Vegas 51s
Race Day Refreshments:
Craze, Desert Rustic Kitchen and Mini Donut Depot will be at the start and finish lines to provide delicious food and beverages. Ovations concessions will be open inside the stadium. Cash and credit cards only.
All Pre-Race Morning activities will take place inside of Southwest University Park.
"The Komen Race for the Cure is the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world with well over 1 million participants each year since 2005. The Race raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivor-ship, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease."