Fun Facts And A Sneak Peek At Guns N’ Roses Stage at Sun Bowl
The long awaited “Not In This Lifetime” tour finally hits El Paso tonight.
Yesterday, we were invited to the Sun Bowl to check out the Guns N Roses stage and learn a little about the show and its monumental production. Most was dull, business type stuff but here are a few interesting facts about this show:
- It takes three days to build this thing.
- It brought approximately 500 jobs to the area. (Stagehands, assistants, runners, etc…)
- The crew that travels with the show numbers around 100.
- It travels in 15 semi trucks.
- The day to day cost of this thing wasn’t given exactly but, it’s A LOT!
- There will be fireworks!
- The band, namely Axl, have been “to the minute” on time for the entire tour.
- ZZ Top play about an hour – Guns ‘N Roses, about 3 hours.
This is one of the last two shows on this leg of the tour and El Paso was specifically chosen because GnR weren’t able to come here on past tours/legs. You’ll hear all your favorites and, maybe, a surprise or two. The set list varies a little from night to night but, the band have rehearsed .. and have played … a couple of new songs!!
ZZ Top go on at 7:00pm, Guns N Roses … promptly! … at 8:30.
Subscribe to 93.1 KISS FM on