Can You Still Get Onto Ft. Bliss With a New Mexico Driver’s License?
White Sands Missile Range announced it will no longer be accepting New Mexico driver’s licenses as an acceptable form of identification because they do not comply with the government's 2005 Federal Real ID Act.
But what about New Mexicans wishing to gain access to Fort Bliss? I'm afraid it's going to be a problem there too. The base will no longer accept New Mexico driver's licenses as a form of identification either.
If you were previously issued a pass based on your N.M. DL, you must get a new pass using one of the acceptable forms of ID listed below:
• U.S. passport or U.S. passport card.
• School identification card with a photograph.
• U.S. Military or draft record.
• U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card or TWIC.
• Native American tribal document.
• Permanent resident card or Alien Registration Receipt Card (INS Form I-551).
• Foreign passport with a temporary (I-551) stamp or temporary (I-551) printed notation on a machine-readable immigrant visa.
• Foreign passport with a current arrival-departure record (INS Form I-94) bearing the same names as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's non immigrant status.
• Employment authorization document that contains a photograph (INS Form I-766).
• Foreign passport with INS Form I-94 or INS Form I-94A bearing the same name as the passport and containing an endorsement of the alien's non-immigrant status, as long as the endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment is not in conflict with any restrictions or limitations identified on the form.
• Driver’s license or identification card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address, and meets Real ID compliance standards.
• Identification card issued by federal, state or local government agencies, provided it contains a photograph and biographic information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color and address.