El Paso Schools On A Weather Delay
The rain has caused lots of problems on the roads this morning forcing school officials to delay the start of school. Check out the details!
EPISD has excused all tardy's district wide due to weather. The school district says all central office employees must report to work by 9 am.
EPISD tweeted out: Lee and Magoffin have been designated emergency shelters for stranded motorists and affected area residents
YISD does not have a delayed start but students that arrive late will not be counted tardy.
El Paso Community College will start class at 10 am due to weather.
From our News Partners at ABC 7: FROM EPPD: As of 8 a.m., here are weather related road closures and hazards due to flooding:
- I-10 West and Cotton Ramp is closed
- Scenic Drive is closed
- Executive and Paisano flooded
- Dyer street is closed between Diana and Manila
- Police and Fire working a water rescue in the area of Diana and Vulcan
- Railroad and Diana is completely flooded.
Roads in the Northeast are bad. The intersection of Diana @ Railroad is completely flooded. Several motorist had to be rescued.
Check back for more updates!