‘Foreign exchange student’ sounds like something from out of the 60s, but there are still students who travel to different countries with a program called Academic Year In America. El Paso will host about 12 international students this coming school year, but 9 need a place to stay. That’s where you come in.

If you would like to host a foreign exchange student, go to academicyear.org to sign up to be a host family.
All you need to do is give the student a comfortable place to sleep, a place to put their clothes, a place to study, and meals.

Most host families don’t get any financial help to host the student, but you can get a tax break if you claim them as a dependent on taxes. All that information is on the website.