El Paso High School Attempts to Break Alumni World Record
El Paso High School is getting ready to gather the most high school alumni to break the Guinness World Record this year.
Time is running out to register for free to take part in El Paso High School’s attempt to break to Guinness World Record for most students gathered at one time on Saturday, October 8, 2016. Not only are they attempting to break the record for most alumni ever, El Paso High School will also be celebrating its 100 year anniversary with reunions, parties and many more activities.
There are only a few days left to register for free for the Guinness World Record Attempt.
Registration is free for the EPHS Alumni Guinness World Record Attempt. If you plan on participating you must register specifically for the Guinness World Record Attempt on October 8th.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER:
I’m already an alumni member, do I need to register for the Guinness World Record Attempt.?
- Yes, everyone must register specifically for Guinness World Record Attempt by going online, or downloading and mailing the form and supporting documents.
I have joined the Alumni as a VIP Member, do I need to register for the Guinness World Record Attempt.?
- Yes, VIP members receive special benefits at check-in during the Centennial Celebration, but you must register for the Guinness World Record Attempt. by going online, or by downloading and mailing the form and supporting documents.
I did not graduate from EPHS, can I register for the Guinness World Record Attempt.?
- Yes, any faculty, staff or alumni that taught, worked at or attended EPHS for 1 year may participate. Register to participate online or by downloading and mailing the form and supporting documents.
Can I register after August 15th?
- Yes, but the price to register goes from free to $10 until September 23 and then increases to $25.
REGISTRATION INFO & DOCUMENTS:
- June 15 - August 15, 2016 - FREE Registration for Guinness World Record Attempt
- August 16 – September 23, 2016 - $10 Registration fee for Guinness World Record Attempt
- September 24 – October 8, 2016 - $25 Registration fee for Guinness World Record Attempt
- September 8, 2016 - Centennial Legacy Series @ EPHS | 100 Years of Excellence in the Arts
- September 18, 2016 - Happy Birthday EPHS
- November 17, 2016 - Centennial Legacy Series @EPHS |100 Years of Excellence in Academics & Leadership
Centennial Weekend Oct. 6, 2016 – Oct. 8, 2016
Thursday, October 6, 2016
- 6:00 p.m. - Parade around EPHS Neighborhood
- 7:00 p.m. - Eve of the “E” inside R.R. Jones Stadium
Friday, October 7, 2016
- 12:00 p.m. - Tours throughout the day of El Paso High
- 1:00 p.m. - History Presentation in Auditorium
- 2:30 p.m. - Homecoming Pep Rally, C. D. Jarvis Gym
Class Reunion Parties:
- 1960-1969 Reunion at Sunland Park Racetrack | Contact Betty Ann Seiler 915.584.1030
- 1965 50th Reunion Contact Jim Woffard
- 1966 50th Reunion | Contact Steve Blumenthal 915.533.1856
- 1970-1980 Reunion at Epic Railyard Center | Contact Bobby Nevarez 915.261.2417 or Lourdes Ramirez 915.630.7566 (text)
- 1972 Mixer at home of Margaret Olivas | contact Patti Mena Garcia email@example.com
- 1981-1985 Reunion at El Paso Tennis Club | $20/person before August 15, $30/person after Aug 15, Contact Candy: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- 1986 30th Reunion (party is on Saturday, but there are activates planned all weekend) Contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org or EPHS Class of 1986 Facebook page
- 1981-1989 Reunion at Scenic View Ballroom | Contact Ruben Escandon, Jr 915.252.9850, email@example.com
Saturday, October 8, 2016
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. - Check-in for Guinness World Record Attempt – MANDATORY (Tigers MUST register the day of the event and verify participation for Guinness. If you pre-purchased tickets to the Homecoming Football game, they will be available for pick-up)
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. - Parking Shuttle service (see parking section for more detail)
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. - Food Trucks and tents behind C.D. Jarvis Gym to meet, greet and hang out with new and old friends.
- 11:00 a.m. - EPHS Homecoming “Battle of the Claw” Football Game, EPHS vs. Austin @ R. R. Jones Stadium
- 3:00 p.m. (approx) - Guinness World Record Attempt at R. R. Jones Stadium Guinness Attempt begins 30-45 minutes following the end of the football game. In order to be counted, you MUST be on the field during the attempt.