El Paso Department Of Public Health Is Offering Free Vaccinations – Here’s What You Need To Know
This is National Immunization Awareness Month and the City of El Paso Department of Public Health is offering free vaccines this weekend during the Northeast Regional Command Community Health Fair being held on Saturday, August 20, 2016, at Cohen Stadium.
To qualify for the free vaccines, you have to be an eligible client under the Texas Vaccines for Children (TVFC) and the Adult Safety Net (ASN) programs.
Immunizations for children (0-18yrs) who meet one of the TVFC eligibility criteria:
· Medicaid eligible (ALL Texas Medicaid plans accepted)
· Uninsured: a child who has no health insurance coverage
· American Indian or Alaskan Native
· Enrolled in CHIP (El Paso First)
· Underinsured: a child with no insurance coverage for vaccinations or only partial coverage
Immunizations for adult patients (19yr and older) who meet one of the following ASN eligibility criteria:
· No Health Insurance
· 19 yr. old referred to the Public Health Dept. to finish a vaccine series, initiated under the Texas Vaccines for Children Program (TVFC)
If you don't meet those requirements, you could still be eligible to receive free vaccine based on income and subject to vaccine availability. For more information on the programs and services offered by the Department of Public Health, visit EPHealth.com or call 211.