El Paso Early Voting Locations 2014
Early voting begins today and runs through next Friday, February 28th. Election day in Texas is Tuesday, March 4th.
Some of the big races being decided are for El Paso County Judge. That race between current County Judge Veronica Escobar, current City Rep. Eddie Holguin, and Aliana Apodaca has been marked by a lot of ugliness and mud-slinging.
Also up for grabs is the State Representative seat currently held by Naomi Gonzalez, who was arrested last year for DWI in Austin. Her challengers include Cesar Blanco, and former State Rep. Norma Chavez who, when she ran against Gonzalez 3 years ago, made a huge misstep when she outed Gonzalez at a voters forum. (6:45 mark)
The other big race voters will be deciding is the race between current State Rep. Marisa Marquez, and her opponent Lyda Ness-Garcia. Garcia’s commercial showing Democrat Marquez in a photograph “standing with Texas Governor Rick Perry” has since been debunked by Marquez who revealed Garcia had doctored the photo that was taken when her grandfather received a Purple Heart.
If you’re not sure if you’re registered to vote, you can go to the El Paso County Elections page to find out if you are registered. You’ll need a photo ID with you when you go to the polls. The IDs you can use are a Texas driver’s license, Texas Election Identification Certificate, Texas personal identification card, or Texas concealed handgun license, all of which are issued by DPS. You can also use your U.S. Military ID with your photograph on it, a U.S. citizenship certificate with your photograph on it, or a U.S. Passport.
You can early vote at these locations:
• Bassett Place 6101 Gateway West
• Courthouse – Lower Level – 500 E. San Antonio Ave.
• Oz Glaze Senior Center – 13969 Veny Webb St.
• Pebble Village Center – 10780 Pebble Hills Blvd.
• Regency of El Paso – 221 Bartlett Dr.
• Sun Valley Center – 4525 Sun Valley Dr.
• Zaraplex Center – 1700 Zaragoza Rd.
• Carolina Recreation Center – 563 N. Carolina Dr.
• Marty Robbins Rec. Center – 11600 Vista Del Sol Dr.
• Pavo Real Recreation Center – 9301 Alameda Ave.
• Polly Harris Senior Center – 650 Wallenberg Dr.
• Rogelio Sanchez Center – 1331 N. Fabens St.
• Sunrise Shopping Center – 8500 Dyer St.