Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Shares Heartbreaking News about Puppy
In a heartbreaking post on Instagram, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson informed his fans that he had to put his beloved French bulldog puppy Brutus down on Monday night, after the puppy ingested poisonous mushrooms.
"Last night [we] had to make the painful decision to end his suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace,” Johnson wrote.
The news comes just weeks after Johnson saved Brutus from drowning in his family pool. This time there was little The Rock could do.
Johnson explains that Brutus ate a mushroom while playing outside with the action star’s other puppy, Hobbs, but unfortunately, "this mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return." He ended the post with the hashtag "Wish I could've saved you one more time."
As someone who has had to put a pet down twice now, I feel your pain, Dwayne. Chin up, man, I'm told all dogs go to heaven.