Downtown Art & Farmers Market Celebrates Earth Day This Weekend
The El Paso Downtown Art and Farmers Market will be celebrating Earth Day with free healthy cooking samples, bike safety workshop, music and more this weekend.
The weekly market will host its free, 2nd Annual Earth Day celebration from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 18, 2015, on Anthony Street in the Union Plaza Entertainment District. The market will also feature live music, local art and produce vendors, Earth Day related arts & crafts at teaching artist booths, food trucks, gardening and environmental science workshops, community resource fair, live music, giveaways and more.
Plus you will also find free gardening workshops, yoga classes, pedicab rides, healthy cooking samples, and a community bike ride and safety demonstration.
Schedule of Activities:
- 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Live Music from DJ/MC Julio
- Rides to Market extension and Museums via Pedi-Cabs El Paso
Sun Metro Brio Tour and Info Booth:
- 9:00 a.m. - Critical Mass/Kidical Mass ride and bike safety workshop with Velo Paso
- 9:15 a.m. - Detox Yoga with Surya Yoga
- 11:00 a.m. - Zumba with Leticia Gomez
- 11:30 a.m. - Live music with Samba Batucada Alma de Fogo
- 12:30 p.m. - B-Boy dance performance with Sun City Floor Rockers
Healthy Cooking Demonstrations:
- 10:15 a.m. - “Spring Clean Your System” with Mom’s Fresh Juice
- 11:15 a.m. - “Using Market Produce in Everyday Cooking” with Chef Jackie of Green Ingredient
- 12:15 p.m. - “Healthy Salads the Market Fresh Way” with UTEP Community Health Students
For more information on other “Earth Day, Every Day” events being held throughout the city visit EPEarthMonth.com.