Delicious Better Than Pumpkin Pie Cake [Recipe]
Everyone loves pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving! How about something twice as nice and simple? The answer is in this great recipe I have made for the past 4 years! It’s Better Than Pumpkin Pie Cake!
So super easy it only has a few instructions. You will need:
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 small can pumpkin puree
1 – 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
1 – 8 oz. tub cool whip
1/2 bag Heath Bits
Caramel Sundae Sauce
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish, and bake at 350º, according to the directions on the cake mix box (approx 23-28 mins).
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and spread cool whip over top of cake. Sprinkle on the heath bits, and drizzle caramel over top. (I didn’t think the cake needed a lot of caramel at this point so I only used about ¼ of the jar. I thinned it out first by heating it in the microwave.)
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight.
Viola! Now you have a new holiday yummy treat! Enjoy!