City Officials Warn El Pasoans ‘Get Ready For Winter Weather’
El Paso’s winter isn't as tough as other parts of the country, but we do get some pretty mean cold snaps. The City of El Paso Department of Public Health wants to remind you to get ready for those right now, not when they happen.
- Build a winter emergency kit for homes and vehicles (Keep food, water, and medical supplies together in a designated area)
- Be a Buddy (Check in on senior and disabled neighbors)
- Install carbon monoxide detectors (Making sure batteries are fresh)
- Insulate (Windows, doors, attics, and water pipes)
- Get the flu shot (Almost everyone should be vaccinated yearly)
You also need to remember to bring your pets during cold weather, and insulate your outdoor water spigots to help prevent against pipes bursting if we get a couple of days of a hard freeze.