What’s Open, Closed on Cesar Chavez Day in El Paso
Cesar Chavez Day celebrates the birth and legacy of the migrant farm worker activist who co-founded the United Farm Workers.
It is observed every year on March 31. But because it’s not a federal holiday, and the state of Texas only recognizes it as an optional state holiday, it will be mostly business as usual in El Paso.
● EPCC, no classes
● The El Paso County Courthouse and all county offices
● City Hall and all city run departments and services
● EPISD, YISD, SISD, Canutillo, Clint, Fabens, Anthony, and San Eli
● Federal offices
● Banks and credit Unions
● Post Offices (there will be mail delivery)
● Sun Metro will be operating on its regular weekday schedule.