Celebrate ‘National Food Day’ At This Weekend’s Downtown El Paso Farmers Market
If you haven't gone to the Downtown El Paso Art and Farmers Market, this weekend is the time to try it out. Not only can you get locally grown and raised produce and agricultural products, but you'll be able to celebrate National Food Day. It's a day that is set aside to celebrate and enjoy fresh foods instead of eating the processed or packaged foods we so often choose to eat.
The National Food Day event is free and there are a lot of activities you can take advantage of:
- 9 a.m.: Kidical Mass with Velo Paso Bicycle Pedestrian Coalition
- 9-10:30 a.m.: Live performance by Covergirl Miss Dee Monique
- 10 a.m.: FREE Family Yoga w/Certified instructor, Rubi Orozco
- 9:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:30 p.m.: Healthy Cooking the Market fresh way featuring Chef Jackie of the Green Ingredient
- 11 a.m.: Juicing Seasonally: It Does a Body Good, featuring Farz of Mom’s Fresh Juice
- 11 a.m.: Kid’s Halloween Costume Contest
- 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Live entertainment by Mishael Coss and the Jackpots
- FREE Pumpkin Painting for the first 100 youths in costume
- Healthy Trick or Treating for kids in costume at participating community and vendor booths, while supplies last.
- Free face painting for kids.
For more information, go to elpasoartsandculture.org.