Applications Being Accepted Now for Free Summer Youth Camp in El Paso
The El Paso Fire Department is now accepting applications for their free Summer Youth Camp.
The Summer Youth Camp is highly interactive and hands-on in nature. Most activities are conducted in pairs or teams, where campers must work together and rely on each other to succeed. The nature of the activities and the locations where they are conducted will require campers to follow explicit rules in order to ensure everyone’s safety. Campers will need to wear comfortable clothing, sunscreen and closed toed shoes, and no opened toed shoes or sandals.
Campers will be chosen on the basis of their suitability for Summer Youth Camp, as will be determined by a submitted application found at epfire.org (under Helpful Links). Preference will be given to those who have not previously attended a camp.
Summer Youth Camp Details:
- Deadline to submit an application is Friday, June 10, 2016.
- Applications should be submitted to the Training Academy located at 6800 Delta Dr. inside Ascarate Park, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The camp is limited to 20 students between the ages of 13-17.
- Camp runs from July 12-14, 2016 from 8 a.m. to. 1 p.m.
- Meals will not be provided so each person will be required to provide a sack lunch each day.
- For more information contact Public Information Officer Carlos Briano at BrianoCA@elpasotexas.gov or (915) 820-9712 if they have any questions.