7 Fun and Impressive Facts That You Didn’t Know about Adele
Adele came back onto the music scene in late 2015 and broke all sorts of music industry records including selling a record-breaking 3.38 million copies of her latest album "25" in its first week alone.
Everyone can’t seem to get enough of Adele, so here are some interesting facts about her that you may not know about.
- Her full name is Adele Laurie Blue Adkins and was born on May 5, 1988 – that’s Cinco de Mayo which may just very well make her an honorary Latina. Adele was born in May which makes her a Taurus. Taurus traits include: determined, free but stubborn souls who are innovative, strong and never shy away from a challenge.
- Before deciding to become a singer Adele wanted to be a heart surgeon because of her grandfather who died. But later decided that this career path was not for her and shifted her sights on becoming a singer.
- Adele used to smoke at least a pack a day but then lost her voice because of a recurrent vocal cord hemorrhage. After she underwent surgery, she gave up smoking fearing that she would die from smoking too much.
- Adele was discovered after she recorded a demo for a class project and gave it to a friend who later posted it on MySpace, leading to a phone call from XL Recordings.
- She has an alter ego named “Sasha Carter” which is a combination of Beyonce's "Sasha Fierce" and June Carter Cash.
- She now belongs to the Billion Video Club on YouTube, meaning that her video for “Hello” has been watched over one billion times.
- Adele has three entries in the 2012 Guinness Book of World Records:
- Named as the first female to have two singles and two albums simultaneously in the UK Top 5.
- Her album 21 established a new record for Most Consecutive Weeks with UK #1 album for a solo female with 11 weeks at the top of the charts
- Her album 21 also broke the record for Most Cumulative Weeks for a solo female at UK #1, after it spent a total of 18 weeks at the peak position.
- Round trip airfare for two
- Two night’s hotel accommodations
- Two tickets to see Adele at a location to be determined by Columbia Records
- $500 spending cash