5 Reasons Parents Love To See Their Kids Go Back To School
There is nothing like summer for kids. Sleeping late, sitting for endless hours playing video games or watching tv, no responsibilities, and more importantly, no school.
Summer might be all fun and games for the beasties in your house, but does anyone think of how hard summer is on parents? They have to deal with monsters underfoot all day, eating everything in the house while mom and dad slave away at work. Electric bills go up, and so does blood pressure when mom and dad finally make it home and see the mess their little darlings have made all day. It's no wonder parents love back-to-school time.
Here are five reason why this truly is the most wonderful time of the year:
1. Reasonable bedtimes - School starts early and it's important to get a good night's sleep, so a 7:30 p.m. bedtime suddenly becomes completely necessary.
2. Uniforms - During the summer, kids seem to go through more outfit changes in a day than Kim Kardashian. Uniforms keep their inner diva and your laundry load down a bit.
3. Lower utility bills - Once everyone is out of the house for eight hours a day, you don't have to consider selling your plasma to pay the electric bill.
4. Grocery bills - Locusts eat less than kids at home during the summer. Let them eat the mystery meat at school.
5. Your sanity - Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and sometimes a good 8 - 10 hours a day away from each other is just the thing you need to remember how much you love your brats!