Contact Us

2014 Komen El Paso Race For The Cure Taking Walk Up Registrations This Week

Breast Cancer
thinkstock

The 22nd Annual Komen El Paso Race for the Cure, locally presented by Mattress Firm, will take place on March 2, 2014 at Biggs Park, Biggs Army Airfield. Last year the Race attracted more than 9,000 participants in the fight against breast cancer.

The Komen Race for the Cure is the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world with well over 1 million participants each year since 2005. The Race raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Up to 75 percent of the funds raised at the Race remain in El Paso to provide breast cancer education, screening, and treatment services for uninsured men and women. The remaining 25 percent goes to fund national research to discover the causes of breast cancer and, ultimately, its cures.

Walk-Up Registration will take place this week at TotalCare West and Cielo Vista Mall. When you register you will receive your Race packet, which includes your Race t-shirt, bib and Race Day Manual.

  • TotalCare West, 601 Sunland Park Drive
  • Wednesday, February 26, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
  •  Cielo Vista Mall, inside main entrance in front of Dillard’s
  • Thursday, February 27, 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
  • Friday, February 28, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
  • Saturday, March 1, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm

Other Ways to Participate:

Military Registration: Susan G. Komen El Paso is proud to announce Western Refining as the 2014 Exclusive Military Sponsor of the 22nd Annual Komen El Paso Race for the Cure. Through this new partnership, 500 active military members will receive a $10 discount on Race for the Cure entry fees. The discount is valid for Non-Competitive and Competitive registrations with a current military ID and is available first come, first serve (not valid online).

Kids for the Cure: You don’t have to be a grown-up to help fight breast cancer!  Kids ages 5 – 12 may register separately as Kids for the Cure and participate in a 1 Mile Fun Run on Race morning. In exchange for an entry fee, they’ll receive their own youth-sized Race T-shirt and official bib. By joining Kids for the Cure, children can feel that they are making a difference and becoming part of the Cure.

Sleep In for the Cure: Didn’t get enough sleep on Saturday night or attending services on Sunday morning? You can participate by Sleeping in for the Cure. In exchange for your entry fee, each Sleep In for the Cure participant will receive a Race t-shirt and a glow-in-the-dark Sleep In for the Cure pillowcase. What better way to support the fight against breast cancer and get some extra Z’s!

Listen To KISS-FM

More from KISS-FM

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://kisselpaso.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on 93.1 KISS-FM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on 93.1 KISS-FM quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!