10 Government Services Affected By The Shutdown
President Obama and Congress could not come to an agreement on a funding bill so as of midnight last night there is government shutdown.
- National Parks – no one is allowed in and entrances will be locked.
- Tax Returns – Expect a delay especially if you filed thru the mail.
- Tax Audits – Rest your fears, no audits will be conducted at this time.
- WIC Programs – No money available to pay administrative costs of the service.
- E-Verify – The government system that allows companies to check the legal work status of an employee will also be down.
- Health – The National Institutes for Health will not accept any new patients or allow any clinical testing.
- Gun Permits – No new gun permits will be processed.
- Military Pay – Checks will be delayed for active-duty service members if the shutdown lasts longer than a week.
- Passports – Not available
- Work Safety – Health inspectors and federal occupational safety will not conduct workplace inspections only in cases of imminent danger.
What is not affected?
- Air Travel
- Social Security
- Homeland Security
- President’s Salary
- VA Mortgages
- Congressional Salary
- Food Stamps
- Food Inspection
Let’s hope they figure it out soon so folks can get back to work!